Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dollmaker on Thursday: Akira Blount.

Akira Blount 1945-2013



Akira Blount
 was a gifted, inspirational 
and influential dollmaker
whose dolls 
are instantly recognisable;
quirky, intriguing and approachable.




Her untimely death has saddened many
and her warmth and talent 
will be missed from the doll community.



There is a memorial post
on NIADA's website
an organisation in which
she was very active.



All images here are from 








She left a wonderful legacy of creations
and she will be missed by many.


4 comments:

  1. She was truly a remarkable doll maker. I'm sorry to hear of her passing and wish her family comfort during this difficult time.

    Her works will be remembered and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing creations! So sad to hear she has passed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did amazing work, I am so sorry that she passed. May God bless her soul and bless all of her loved ones left behind. It was wonderful of you to post in her memory, and also her work.
    XXOO Marie Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so saddened to hear about Akira's passing. She was an incredibly, amazingly, gifted doll maker. I will be sure and look through all of my Art Doll Quarterly's and be sure to view her dolls as a memory to her creativity. Thank you for the link to the memorial post at NIADA. I think she was one of the first ones to inspire me online when I first found information about the NIADA conferences.
    I just read your comment on my blog, and yes,it would be so kind of you, if you wish, to post Wednesday Addams on Facebook...I would really appreciate the link up.
    many hugs,
    Teresa
    Oh! And congratulations on the dish cloths and ACEO from Sweet Crow designs blog (I know that isn't her blog name but close enough!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for the wonderful and supportive things you say! I'm thrilled to read them and I reply to each one.