Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year and a Bad Fairy

Is it a bird?
Is it a plane?


No!
It's Bad Fairy!


Bad Fairy is a boudoir doll.

Because she's bad, 
she likes to lounge around 
on satin pillows
and plot mischief.

Maybe she's not bad?
Maybe, she's just misunderstood?

She's all dressed up.
A purple paisley bodice,
with soft  black velvet insert
and roses and ribbons;


with a high net collar,
over a fluffy tulle skirt


and saucy fishnets and garters 
with kicky little boots.


At the back, she's all laced in,
to show off those wicked curves.
more roses and little ribbons
trimmed with bells that chime.
(So we know where she is,
but please don't tell her that.)


Seams to her stockings
and still more ribbons and black lace.


See?
She's plotting something...



Bad Fairy has a leather head
and I really should show how they're made.
It's time-consuming at the beginning
but fun as the head dries and takes form.

The formed leather makes expressions as it dries
and the expression of willful naughtiness
is how Bad Fairy came out.
Nothing to do with me, I swear.

She has a cloth body and is sewn into her clothes.
She's about 16" tall with bent knees
which makes her just right for posing
and sulking in a boudoir,
or on my glass table,
 which is where she is right now.

She's also on Etsy


Much to my delight,
Eleanor found a new home just after Christmas.
I'm going to miss her.


However,
I've found a new hobby!
I use the tracking number from the Post Office
to follow my dolls as they journey across the USA.
Cheaper than flying!







20 comments:

  1. Oh, I love her! She's probably one of my favorites I've seen of yours! :)
    Haha I love the new hobby idea. I'll probably end up doing the same thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mandy! That's very sweet of you to say so! She's one of the few dolls I've ever made that I knew straight away who, and what, she was.

      Delete
  2. Oh My....she does look like she's up to no good. ;)
    She's gorgeous! Fantastic work Miss B!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ron! Yes, she's an utter villain!

      Delete
  3. She's too naughty for words:) I love her.

    You must have nothing to do if you are tracking across the country. Make more dolls!

    By the way did I tell you that I like your header:) Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Ann! And yes, I should, shouldn't I? No excuses about having to get ready for Christmas and it is a new year, after all.

      I'm so glad you like my new header. The milk chocolate bunnyflies on an aqua background is an idea I've had for a while, I just never gt around to making it. I'm thinking of adding some flowers, so that it ties in to the blog borders.

      Delete
  4. She is one sexy, bad fairy!!! I love her!! Well done ;o) I would love to see how the leather heads are made. Love your new hobby ;o) LOL! Take Care ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, sexy bad is that she is. I'll tell her you said so!

      I have some photos, somewhere, of the leather-head process, but I think that was about three computers ago. I'll make another, and see if I can document the whole thing and post it here. It's very easy, but messy.

      Delete
  5. Lovely Bad fairy :) Like her clothes a lot, very good design and so many nice details, like roses and ribbons. and i like her laces crossed at the back. surely, she will find home soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She was such fun to put together, and I thought she was all finished. It wasn't until I was taking photographs of her, I decided on the lacing up the back. A corset-effect added to her naughtiness, I thought.

      Delete
  6. I think she's just a misunderstood dolly, Rhissana! Just because she's dressed in a rather flashy manner does not make her a 'bad' girl. I think she has a more tender side to her that would be evident if one would look beneath the book cover! She's lovely! Happy week, Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thank you, Jan. Yes, you're probably right. Misunderstood. Perhaps I should have called her 'Miss Understood'!

      Delete
  7. ooooo....She is not bad, just wants to have FUN! What girl or doll for that matter, wouldn't want to wear fishnets and a garters!!!

    RHISSANNA! How lovely to see you come by! And Mandy's voice is such a surprise, isn't it????

    I wish you a fantastic new year of creativity and health my dear! Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know he could sing! Such a lovely voice. Strange to see him without a rapier in one hand, though. (I'm a big "Princess Bride" fan.)

      Exactly, fishnets and garters under those tulle tutu frills. She does look like fun is at the top of her agenda.

      Delete
  8. Oh Rhissanna! YOU ARE TOO TOO KIND! THANK YOU for this mention and for putting up my shop on your lovely blog!!!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her! I can truly appreciate your work using leather for the head... I think she is great, so much detail. The amount of work you have put into this piece is really something...

    Thank you so much for coming over to see my Angel relief..
    She is finished now, and I have put her post up.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Penny. She was a lot of fun to put together. I just kept adding tulle and pretty things!

      Delete
  10. I think she is just naughty lol. Love her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shashi!Naughty is just what she is!

      Delete

Thank you all for the wonderful and supportive things you say! I'm thrilled to read them and I reply to each one.