Friday, May 18, 2012

The Pillow

Update:-

I've changed the title of this post
 as I'm getting a huge amount of spam.

Now, I usually don't have any spam,
so I'm wondering if it's the title
that's attracting the little buggers.

I'll keep you informed.

If you're not spam,
thank you for visiting my blog.


This isn't going to be a tutorial for printing with your inkjet printer using freezer paper. 


There are a lot of very good, very clear and very thorough ones about 
and adding another would just clutter up the internet.
The method is fairly simple. 

Cut a piece of freezer paper to the size of your printer paper.
Cut a washed, dry, ironed piece of white cotton 
slightly larger than the freezer paper.
Iron the shiny side of freezer paper to the cloth and trim the cloth to the size of the paper.
Put into the printer, making sure the cloth side will be the printed-on side
Hit "PRINT".
Peel off freezer paper.
Iron image to set.

See, no tutorial here!
*whistles innocently*

My only comment would be to make sure
 the image you're using is nice and big 
with lovely crisp resolution.


This is Bouguereau's Madonna of the Roses
printed out onto a piece of  white lawn
and then sewn onto golden yellow cotton
and trimmed with lace and broderie anglaise.
(eyelet, to my USA cousins)


And here is a cushion 
for my lovely Mother in law
for Mothers' Day.

I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day.
Me, I ate a whole cheesecake
that my lovely, wonderful, bride-to-be
sister-in-law made for me..
And I'm not ashamed.



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I wasn't sure how it would work but when I'd finished, I was pretty pleased. I was surprised by the depth of colour the image got, I thought it would be really faded or badly defined.

      Delete
  2. Delightful,sounds so easy. I will try it and see.
    Thanks for sharing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. If you're going to try it (and I can recommend it, it's a lot of fun) make sure there aren't any fraying threads dangling off your cloth and I'd iron the cloth onto the freezer paper just before you print it, so it doesn't start to peel away. Do look at some better tutorials than mine, though! There must be some with video on youtube. And good luck. Let me know if you try it?

      Delete
  3. Rhissanna, I'm sure your mother enjoyed receiving the cushion. You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry! I'm glad you like it! I'm not sure she enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed my Mothers' Day cheesecake, but pillows can't compete with cheesecake, can they?

      Delete
  4. I've never tried the freezer paper, it seems pretty doable! Your pillow is gorgeous!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! I'm so glad you like it!

      The freezer paper method is the only way I've done this and so far it's been pretty foolproof. (Needs to be. I'm easily distract..oh! A butterfly!)

      It was easy. And cheap.The results, I'm told, aren't washable because they fade, but I'm not too worried about that.

      Delete

Thank you all for the wonderful and supportive things you say! I'm thrilled to read them and I reply to each one.